[Insight-users] itk::MemoryAllocationError

John Dailey john.w.dailey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 19:54:56 EDT 2008

I am getting some behavior that doesn't make sense, to me at least...
Hopefully one of you who has more experience with ITK can help me out
(I am still quite new to ITK).

I modified the Examples/Segmentation/GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter.cxx
(attached, the only changes are ) to read an image series, instead of
a single image, and even with a fairly small image (188 slices of
256X256) it fails, giving me:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'itk::MemoryAllocationError'
  what():  /usr/local/include/InsightToolkit/Common/itkImportImageContainer.txx:193:
Failed to allocate memory for image.
Aborted (core dumped)

This is on a machine with 32 gigs of ram!?!???

Another strange thing is that when I was first setting up the series
writer, I made some mistakes, and when the writer is set up
incorrectly, the segmentation runs, or at least the text output of the
code tells me that it ran 800 iterations...  No memory problems...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
John