[Insight-users] direction of Gradient

Neilson Mackay 9nem at qlink.queensu.ca
Thu Jul 10 09:06:09 EDT 2008

It was based on a problem I am having.

I have mad ea modified metric that takes a set of points and multiple
3d images.  Each image is associated with a transform that transform
the image somewhere in 3d space.

Basically I have 1 Registration transform and N image transforms ( n
= nmber of images):

Metric::GetValue(transform registration_transform)
{
	for each point p in Pointset
	{
		for each image Im in set of images ImageSet
		{
			registration_transform.TransformPoint(p);
			im->getTransform->TransformPoint(p);

			... normal metric stuff
		}
	}
}

The problem I am hainvg is I am not sure how to calculate the
derivitive.  I assume in normal registration, the "jacobian"
transforms the gradient.  If I have two transforms should I
concatenate them together then create a jacobain from that?  Or
multiply the seprate jacobains together?

Does this make sence?  :)  Thanks for the help!

Neilson