[Insight-users] Registration - A Course Initial Attempt

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 03:41:43 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

2008/7/15 M. Wirtzfeld <wirtzfeld at rogers.com>:
> A quick question for all the ITK registration-users...  In the framework of
> the ITK registration classes, what is the best way to perform an initial,
> rough registration?

There are various mechanisms to iteratively refine the registration of
images (depending on your specific requirements).

Probably the best place to start is with some of the ITK examples.
Here's a quick list:

Examples\Registration\ImageRegistration6.cxx
    Use the CenteredTransformInitializer to initialize a transform

Examples\Registration\MultiResImageRegistration1.cxx
    Uses a multi-resolution course-to-fine approach

Examples\Registration\DeformableRegistration15.cxx
    Performs centered transform initialization, then rigid, then
affine, then course deformable, then fine deformable

Testing\Code\Common\itkLandmarkBasedTransformInitializerTest.cxx:
    You may also be interested in LandmarkBasedTransformInitializer.
There are no examples using this class (I think), but the test code
demonstrates its usage.

Also, if you haven't read the "Registration" chapter of the ITK
Software Guide, its also invaluable:
    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Hope this helps you get started.

Regards, Dan