[Insight-users] Image to Image Metrics

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 23 10:27:37 EDT 2008

Hi Sven,

Thanks for clarifying your question.

Unfortunately you are facing here the essential difficulty of
image registration: There is no analytical way of finding
maxima or minima for the values of the ImageMetric.

We are therefore left with the option of running optimizers
that will explore the parametric space.

You may want to look at the Multi-Resolution examples in the
directory:

         Insight/Examples/Registration