[Insight-users] ITK and Windows Vista

Carl Trapani carl at skytopsoftware.com
Fri Jul 25 10:40:21 EDT 2008

I'm just beginning to use ITK as well as VTK on Vista 32bit. Getting VTK
compiled and then getting a working HelloWorld type of program
(Cone.cxx) was a bear for me. Long story short, what worked for me for
both VTK and ITK was:

CMake 2.6 with the Visual Studio 9 2008 generator + Visual Studio 2008
default installation.

I really wanted to use Eclipse since I've done a lot of Java
programming, but I had problems, first with Cygwin toolchain and then
with MinGW. I hope to resolve those problems, but I'm under the gun
right now.

Let me know if you want any more details.

Also, see the ITK Software Guide, Chapter 2 p. 45
(http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf) which walks you through an
installation.

Good luck,
Carl Trapani