[Insight-users] wriring my own test data (dicom phantom)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 05:42:17 EDT 2008

Hi Olivier,

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Olivier Sebastien Jerome Cros /
Region Nordjylland <osjc at rn.dk> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to create my own phantom data (like a cube or s phere) using the Dicom standard. Can it be done?

It can definitely be done using an implementation of the DICOM
standard. I am not sure what you mean by 'using the Dicom standard',
though.

> I read the part of ITK software guide concerning Read and Writing DICOM (single slice and series or volume),

good

> but as far as I remember there is nothing about writing data on your own in a dicom file.

Where did you read that ? This document need to be updated. You can
write DICOM dataset since ~ITK 1.8.

2 cts,
--
Mathieu