[Insight-users] LSM Reader in ITK / VTK - bio-formats

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 09:01:12 EDT 2008

I'd have thought that extending the existing ITK tif reader to deal
with ome tif would be a very useful starting point, and potentially
quite simple. That would provide a relatively simple conversion path
into ITK : bioformats conversion to ome tif and then read. If I
remember correctly, ome tif is regular tif with an extra tag
containing a long string of xml meta data. I certainly anticipate
using such tools in the not too distant future.