[Insight-users] Is there way to speed up cross-correlation based deformable registration?

Jian Yang yaland1977 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 14:20:36 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm currently working on deformable registration of CT images. I'm using
cross-correlation (DeformableRegistration6.cxx) and mutual information
(DeformableRegistration15.cxx) metrics with a B-Spline Deformable Transform
in a 300*208*241 3D image.

It seems that the example DeformableRegistration15.cxx  works much faster
than example DeformableRegistration6.cxx. I guess example
DeformableRegistration6.cxx  is time consuming since it is performed on the
whole image. And the Mattes Mutual Information metric works faster because
it allows to take samples (SetNumberOfSpatialSamples) in the image instead
of taking all voxels. So, I am wondering is there way to do the same thing
in the cross-correlation metric to make it faster?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Best Regards,

Jian