[Insight-users] crashes N-D Linear Time Exact Signed Euclidean Distance Transform

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 15:18:31 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

Now I am a bit confused by what you are saying.

1) You say that it works for 3D but does not for 2D.
I cannot understand that since 2D dimensionality is a particular case of 3D.
Lets say 2D is a 3D with just one z-component. From my prospective, it
has to work
for 2D if it does for 3D. Opposite is not necessary true though.

2) If I comment the writer out, the program still crashes with the same
error.

3) All my images are in the Analyze75 format
and while using the other ITK filters I have not had any problems so far.
(I mean with ITK Analyze reader/writer, except orientations, of course).

Do you mean that even though my executables did not complain,
the results I was getting could be wrong since I used ITK Analyze
reader/writer?

If so, in what fashion could the final results be wrong?

Is it error-prone for some particular platform/compiler
(Linux Debian with gcc 4.1.2 in my case) or it is more general case?

How severe does it affect the final results?

Thanks for your help,

Alex