[Insight-users] Compile ITK with Visual Express 2008

Benjamin Tourne benjamint at maunakeatech.com
Tue Jun 3 09:00:03 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm new at ITK and I try to compile the ITK libraries on Visual Studio 2008.
I used CMake to create Visual Solution.
I opened the "ALL_BUILD" solution and clicked "Generate". Everything is
OK and the system created many *.lib files :

ITKAlgorithms.lib    ITKBasicFilters.lib    ITKCommon.lib
ITKDICOMParser.lib
ITKEXPAT.lib    ITKFEM.lib    ITKIO.lib    ITKMetaIO.lib
ITKNrrdIO.lib    ITKNumerics.lib    ITKSpatialObject.lib
ITKStatistics.lib
ITKniftiio.lib    ITKznz.lib    itkTestDriver.lib
itkgdcm.lib    itkjpeg12.lib    itkjpeg16.lib
itkjpeg8.lib    itkopenjpeg.lib    itkpng.lib
itksys.lib    itktestlib.lib    itktiff.lib
itkv3p_netlib.lib    itkvcl.lib    itkvnl.lib
itkvnl_algo.lib    itkvnl_inst.lib    itkzlib.lib

I only have one dll : ITKCommon.dll

Now, I'd like to know :
Is that possible to compile all the ITK sources into dynamic libraries
instead of static libraies ?
Why ITKCommon is the only dll ?

Thanks for your help,