[Insight-users] ShapeDetectionLevelSetFilter example

John Dailey john.w.dailey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 19:22:03 EDT 2008

I am confused by how to use the example filter codes.  I think I must
be fundamentally missing how to use this.

I was trying to use this on bacterial cells to find the membrane, but
after trying for a while and not having any success over a wide
variety of input parameters I decided to make a toy image and see if I
could segment that using the filter.

I just made a tiff with a white background and an oblong black blob in
the middle of it.  When I run this example filter the output is
(depending on parameters) a white circle on a black background, or a
grey diamond filled with a pattern.  In either case I see no
correlation between my input image, and theses output images.  Am I
just using the wrong parameters, or is there something else I am doing
wrong?

If you want any of the example images ask me and I'll email them to
you, I don't want to pollute every one's inbox with a bunch of
attachments they will probably not look at...

Thanks,
John