[Insight-users] SetNumberOfIterations and SetNumberSpatialOfSamples

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jun 6 08:43:46 EDT 2008

Hi Imaria,

A) About the RegularStepGradientDescentMethod:

    Please do the following :

    a) Rerun CMake to configure ITK
    b) Enable BUILD_EXAMPLES
    c) Open the ITK Solution in Visual Studio
    d) Search for the project: ImageRegistration1
    e) Try to build this project, and report back
       to the mailing list the *Exact* error message
       that you get.

B) About the MeanSquareImageToImageMetric

    There is not method "SetNumberSpatialOfSamples()"
    in this class.

    This method exist in the classes:

        MutualInformationImageToImageMetric
        MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric

    because they perform sampling...

    The MeanSquareImageToImageMetric does not
    perform sampling.

    Please read the documentation of the MeanSquares class:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric.html

C) Note that there is experimental code in the Code/Review
    directory in which a variant of the MeanSquares metric
    is available. This new variant will perform sampling.

    If you want to experiment with it, you should run
    CMake again to configure ITK, go to the Advance mode
    and enable the flags:

              ITK_USE_REVIEW
              ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS

--------

However, we *strongly* suggest you to do (A) and (B)
before you pursue (C).