[Insight-users] Linux IDE

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:26:31 EDT 2008

Hi Luke,

Both Eclipse and KDevelop are good with their specific pros and cons.
Before using those IDE, you have to run cmake (or ccmake) first to
produce a Makefile
and then as usual. You can find more tips following the link below.

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake#Tutorials

Personally I prefer KDevelop. In this case, you can run

cmake -G KDevelop3

that will create a KDevelop project for you and then as usual.
Do not forget that every time you add a new source,
first you have to add it to your CMakeList.txt, clean the cache files,
and then rerun cmake.

Alex