[Insight-users] Thresholding Windowing

prabhat246 prabhat246 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 23:44:49 EDT 2008

I have a knee bone dataset in DICOM format. One image is attached with this
email.
If I take the int datatype then the intensity of pixel is between -3024 to
+768(approx).

Can anyone tell me what is the correct method of doing
windowing/thresholding??
(I have read that all the pixel has to be multiplied by Rescale Slope and
then added by Intercept.
Rescale slope is 1 and rescale intercept is -1024.)

and what should be the isovalue for bone to run vtkMarchingCubes.
(I am reading Dicomfiles with itk and then using vtkMarchingCubes.)

Thanks a lot.
Prabhat http://www.nabble.com/file/p17704995/IM53 IM53