[Insight-users] ITK, VTK, and Python

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Mon Jun 9 17:16:00 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Brian Eastwood <beastwoo at email.unc.edu> wrote:
> I have been having problems using python-wrapped versions of ITK and
> VTK--they wrap individually just fine, but when I compile ConnectVTKITK from
> InsightApplications, and use it to link an ITK and VTK pipeline I get the
> error below with the following code:

WrapITK solves all your problems. :)  This is the new-style ITK
wrapping system made by Gaetan Lehmann and Zach Pincus.  Here is the
Insight Journal paper:
http://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvoxel.jouy.inra.fr%2Fdarcs%2Fcontrib-itk%2FWrapITK%2FWrapITK_-_Enhanced_languages_support_for_the_Insight_Toolkit.pdf&ei=SZ1NSODoKZSgwwHcsIDIBA&usg=AFQjCNF5bu8LhALdNYHGeGDiPW-ONOlgpA&sig2=TkVFhHWlP2ozp6Vx6aZriQ

WrapITK is part of ITK 3.6, you just need to configure it with cmake.

Good luck,
Charl