[Insight-users] Complex conjugate of fourier transform

Angela Lee angela.lee at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 19 19:01:08 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I want to use the fourier transform of two images to find the
translation I need to get the best match between the two images. So I
want to take the fourier transform of image A (FFT_A) and B. Then I want
to get the complex conjugate of the fourier transform of image B
(CC_FFTB). Then I want to get the inverse fourier transform of the two:
IFFT( FFT_A * CC_FFTB ). The peak of this output should correspond to
the translation required to align the two images.

I'm not sure how I can get the complex conjugate of the image. Is there
a function I can call, or should I write a loop that takes one value at
a time and finds it's complex conjugate value?

Thanks for your help,
Angela