[Insight-users] ITK / WrapITK build problems (Windows XP, VS2005)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 26 16:01:33 EDT 2008

Pierre Raybaut wrote:
> First, I have built CableSWIG-ITK (no error), and then I have tried to
> build ITK with WrapITK enabled: during the process VS2005 crashes... and
> when I start again the project generation, here is the log that I obtain
> (sorry: that is a french version of VS2005...).

In the build tree there should be an executable called "gccxml.exe"
(under bin/debug perhaps).  This is the tool that is reporting an error.
 It is a patched GCC compiler that parses C++ code and dumps an xml
description of the interface (for use in wrapping in this case).  Let's
create an isolated test case for this tool on your machine.

Try creating a file containing:

#include <string>

Then run that gccxml by hand from a command prompt:

  gccxml --gccxml-compiler msvc8 test1.cxx

Then post the output.

Thanks,
-Brad