[Insight-users] Howto write custom pixelTypes

luke bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:33:54 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've written a subclass of itkFixedArray, that i am using as the
pixeltype for some images. I'd like to be able to use the itk classes to
do the file IO but i'm not sure how to tell the ImageIOBase classes
about my class. When I try to use the niftiImageIO i get this error.

itk::ERROR: NiftiImageIO(0x8117c30): Pixel type currently not supported.

Since it's a basically a vector image i thought this should work. What
should I do?

-Luke