[Insight-users] pleasee help me..

Xabier Artaechevarria Artieda xabiarta at unav.es
Fri Jun 27 03:45:33 EDT 2008

knoppix corn <knoppixc at yahoo.com> ha escrito:

> haii every one... help me.. i have a question about reading an image
>  from a file,
> according to itkSoftwareGuide page 70, i have a source code like this :
>
> #include "itkImage.h"
> #include "itkImageFileReader.h"
>
> int main( int , char * argv[])
> {
>   typedef unsigned char          PixelType;
>   const unsigned int             Dimension = 3;
>
>   typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension >   ImageType;
>
>   typedef itk::ImageFileReader< ImageType >  ReaderType;
>
>   ReaderType::Pointer reader = ReaderType::New();
>
>   const char * filename = argv[1];
>   reader->SetFileName( filename );
>
>   reader->Update();
>
>   ImageType::Pointer image = reader->GetOutput();
>
>   return 0;
> }
>
> i have a few question :
>  1). how to write a CMakeLists.txt ???

Have a look at page 17 of the Software Guide.

>  2). how with the image file?? , is the image file 3D?? , where can
> i get the file, i mean the image 3D.
Your program just reads the image (filename is missing!), but you are
not doing anything with it.

>  3). to view the image, is it need VTK??
You need an image viewer, for example ImageJ.

>  4). what is the input an output from this system or program???
You mean your program? I think you should have a look at the Software
Guide, starting with the Hello World example (pg. 17) and then maybe
you can go to section 7.1 to learn how to read and write images.