[Insight-users] ITK / WrapITK build problems (Windows XP, VS2005)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jun 27 10:01:58 EDT 2008

Pierre Raybaut wrote:
> And BTW, I didn't pay attention the first time, but when I'm building
> CableSWIG-ITK, I get 1 error, see attached *cable-log.txt*.

Okay, that is definately the cause of the problem.  At least two other
people with a VS installation in France have reported the same error to
the gccxml mailing list:

  http://www.gccxml.org/pipermail/gccxml/2008-June/001138.html

The error occurs when gccxml tries to copy and patch some of VS's system
header files to allow the gcc parser to get through them.  It comes with
a patch for the headers of each VS version.

Unfortunately it seems that MS released at least two "versions" of VS
2005 with slightly different header files (this is unrelated to the
difference between english and french language versions).  AFAICS there
is no way to tell the versions apart other than by looking at the header
files.  If you installed VS 2005 early enough then you have slightly
different header files than the newer version I used to create the
patch.  I think the newer version was released on top of the older
version to add the _SECURE_SCL stuff.  There does not seem to be a way
to get the older version anymore.

You have these options:

1.) Re-download and install VS 2005 to get the newer version.
2.) Switch to VS 2008 Express.
3.) Contact me off-list and we can try to create a replacement patch
    file for gccxml to help folks with your problem.

-Brad