[Insight-users] Question regarding itkParallelSparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter

Michael Schmidt michael at familie-schmidt.com
Mon Mar 3 10:33:34 EST 2008

Hi,

I have a question regarding the usage of the itkParallelSparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter. Is there - except for multithreading - a difference between the parallel filter and the itkSparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter? Why are all the "higher level" LevelSetFilters like itkGeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter derived from the single-threaded filter? Are there performance issues with the parallel version on a single-core cpu? Or did I miss something else? Will it be possible to simply exchange the single-threaded filter with the parallel filter?

I would really appreciate some hints on this topic. Thanks in advance,

Michael