[Insight-users] Problems getting ITK running in Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Mar 5 17:55:32 EST 2008

Hi Jurgen,

The easiest way to incorporate ITK into your project is by using
CMake for configuring your own project.

The second easiest way is to

    1) Build ITK
    2) Install ITK
    3) Let your Visual Studio project know where you installed
       all the ITK header files and libraries.
       This you will do by typing the paths in the littles text
       boxes that Visual Studio provides for defining the
       properties of a project. You will have to type a lot of
       paths there...

Using CMake is *A LOT* easier.

Even if you were not attempting to use ITK, we would strongly
encourage you to give it a try to CMake.