[Insight-users] WrapITK interference?

Mario Ceresa mario.ceresa at torrescalla.it
Fri Mar 7 13:06:00 EST 2008

Hi again,
I asked for this problem on the python-help mailing list and a nice
fellow called Matt gently pointed out the following:

-------- begin quoted text -------------
> python: Objects/stringobject.c:107: PyString_FromString: Assertion
> `str != ((void *)0)' failed. Aborted

Pretty much only code that's implemented in C can generate errors of
that sort.

> im = itk.ImageFileReader.IUS2.New()

> I'm thinking that itk is somewhat interfering with the interpreter,
> but how?

There are lots of possibilities. Probably most likely is a
memory-management error. What makes debugging problems like this one
somewhat challenging sometimes is that the error you're seeing may
not be particularly close to where the bug is. That is, a bug may
cause something to do something wrong and only later does that
actually cause a problem, or an assertion failure such as the one
you're seeing.

So maybe it could be related to the itk loaded code.
I opened a new issue (6563) on http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=6563

Regards,

Mario