[Insight-users] Problem compiling with CMake on MSVC 2008 Express

prabhat246 prabhat246 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 02:47:48 EDT 2008

Hi Luis,

I provided administrator previlages to both cmake and Visual Studio (by
rightclick ->properties ->security -> everyone ->full control). I also
turned UAC off. But still getting the same error. I am using CMAKE 2.4 patch
8.

Well I compiled it with Microsoft Visual Studio 6 and it compiled well. Can
I use these Binaries with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express?

Well here I also want to mention a linking error that I came across and
fixed. It may help others in future.
I tried to compile with VS6 example DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.

itkgdcm.lib(gdcmUtil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_SnmpUtilVarBindFree at 4
itkgdcm.lib(gdcmUtil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_SnmpUtilOidNCmp at 12
itkgdcm.lib(gdcmUtil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_SnmpUtilOidCpy at 8
itkgdcm.lib(gdcmUtil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_WSAStartup at 8
itkgdcm.lib(gdcmUtil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_gethostbyname at 4
itkgdcm.lib(gdcmUtil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_gethostname at 8
itkgdcm.lib(gdcmUtil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_WSACleanup at 0

I searched on the net but could not find a simple solution. some post
suggested
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2006-February/016644.html

But a simple solution is to add snmpapi.lib wsock32.lib to commandline.

Thanks,
Prabhat