[Insight-users] Read/Write AcquisitionDate

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 14 08:58:01 EDT 2008

Hi Jian,

Thanks for pointing this out.

This seems to be a bug in the MetaImage library,

The file

    Insight/Utilities/MetaImage/metaObject.cxx

in line 1130, takes care of reading this field:

   MET_InitReadField(mF, "AcquisitionDate", MET_STRING, false);

as part of the method: M_SetupReadFields(void)

but is misses to write it as part of the method:

      M_SetupWriteFields(void)

It seems that we are missing a line like:

mF = new MET_FieldRecordType;
MET_InitWriteField(mF, "AcquisitionDate", MET_STRING,
strlen(m_ObjectTypeName),   m_ObjectTypeName);

around lines 1272.

   Could you please log a bug report in the
   MANTIS bug tracker ?

   http://public.kitware.com/Bug/my_view_page.php