[Insight-users] How to disable the lbfgs failure information

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Mar 16 10:47:59 EDT 2008

Hi Bing,

   Unfortunately there is not a flag for turning this message off.

However,

thanks to the *FREEDOM* that you get from using *Open Source* software,
you can simply go to the directory:

            Insight/Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/opt

open the file:     lbfgs.c

and comment out or remove lines 716-722.

If you really want to censor/silence all other messages from
this file, you may want to grep for "printf" and comment out
or remove those lines too.

That being said....

You probably should reconsider this actions, since it is in general
not a good idea to disable warning/error messages. They are telling
you that something is wrong with the optimization process itself.

     Enjoy OPEN SOURCE !

        Regards,