[Insight-users] dilate and erode in 3D

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:07:07 EDT 2008

Hi,

You could experiment with the consolidatedMorphology module from the
insightjournal. We haven't experimented with 4D images, but I'd like
to get it working on them. In theory they should work. This
implementation will be the best way to go if you want larger
structuring elements because it uses more efficient algorithms than
the default. The two safest options will be the "Box" structuring
element using VHGW algorithm or Ball using HISTO.