[Insight-users] how to show the progress of image reading?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 28 10:24:25 EDT 2008

Hi "orientation f"

It is difficult in general to return progress events from
the ITK readers, mainly because most of them use third
party libraries and delegate to them the task of reading
the images.

In the particular case of the ImageSeriesReader (that you
are probably using for reading your DICOM series), you have
the advantage of being able to receive itk::ProgressEvent()s
measured as:

  "number of slices read so far" / "total number of slices"

Simply connect a Command observer to the series reader
and set it to listen for itk::ProgressEvent().

You could follow the example of the code in the file:

            itkSimpleFilterWatcher.cxx

In the Code/Common directory.