[Insight-users] How to create a LabelMap or Label object

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Fri May 2 03:25:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

Do you mean that the points define the corners of a polygon region?
If so your best bet is to render this shape into an image and then
proceed to the measurement phase using the tools that have been
discussed in this thread. This may not sound optimal, but will
certainly be simplest and  actually quite fast - the translation to
connected component and measurement phases should only require one
image visit each. My suggestion is to see whether this does the  job
for you and worry about efficiency later. If you decide to make use of
the point information directly you will need to make a number of
decisions about how you deal with voxels along the borders etc. It
will probably get quite messy and time consuming.