[Insight-users] Problem reading specific dicom files (bug?)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:27:49 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Mathieu Malaterre
<mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>

>  On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Florian Pierron
>  <F.Pierron at exeter.ac.uk> wrote:
>  > Dear ITK team,
>  >
>  >  I have some problems reading specific dicom files with ITK 3.4. The files
>  > were too big to be sent as an attachment, so they are available in a zip
>  > format through the following link:
>  >
>  >
>  > http://workspace.office.live.com/?id=qACRhYjgzOTE5OC1mNWZkLTQ2ZDctYWE4Ny04YjdhOGFjNjk1ZGIAe6Ot2CwEEsZEkYzeYgi32vt9e2HUvUXvrmlGoLxAl4TOLEZ9ABhmLnBpZXJyb25Ac2ltcGxld2FyZS5jb20A
>
>  <rant>
>  switching to my win32 laptop to download a zip file
>  </rant>
>

>  >  The zip file contains a screenshot of what is expected (using XMedCon and
>  > DicomWorks) and a screenshot of what I get with ITK 3.4. There is 2
>  > different series that can't be read. One of them (the one I called
>  > 'ReadingByte') has been posted to the GDCM developers 3 years ago and I am
>  > pretty sure they fixed it already.
>
>  Hum... Looks like it has been fixed in gdcm 1.3.x (aka CVS HEAD), but
>  never backported to gdcm 1.2 (which is the branch used by ITK). I'll
>  investigate some more. Thanks for report.

Fixed. Thanks for report.

$ cvs ci -m"BUG: GE Private Syntax was broken (1.2.840.113619.5.2).
Thanks to Florian Pierron for report"

~/Creatis/gdcm-12-CVS
Checking in src/gdcmPixelReadConvert.cxx;
/cvs/public/gdcm/src/gdcmPixelReadConvert.cxx,v  <--  gdcmPixelReadConvert.cxx
new revision: 1.78.2.8; previous revision: 1.78.2.7
done

--
Mathieu