[Insight-users] Level set segmentation parameters to anisotropic images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 13 12:42:09 EDT 2008

Hi Loic,

It will be very hard to track the problem if you just look at
the full pipeline.

The best way is to verify every one of the intermediate stages
of the process.

A level set segmentation involves a large number of parameters
and it is hard to figure out which one of them is not set up
correctly. In general several of them will need to be adjusted.

Could you please start by connecting an Observer to the filter
and printing out the iteration events ?

Also, at the end of execution of the filter you could print
out the number of iterations that it took to run.

This will help to determine how much work the filter is
actually doing.

E.g. it may be that you are not running enough iterations,
or it may be that your RMS error tolerance is set too high
and the filter terminates prematurely...

You may want to consider playing with SNAP before you continue
the path of writing your own code. In this way you will learn
faster about how to fine tune the segmentation parameters.