[Insight-users] Level set segmentation parameters to anisotropic images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 14 09:41:43 EDT 2008

Hi Loic,

You may find useful to read the ITK Software Guide

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular, you should read section 9.3 "Level Set Segmentation"
in pdf-page 563.

As you will see in Figure 9.13 in page 563,
the Level Set is defined as:

       a) f(x,y,z) > 0    is  inside
       a) f(x,y,z) = 0    is  the shape (zero set)
       a) f(x,y,z) < 0    is  outside