[Insight-users] WrapITK and external projects

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri May 16 11:07:02 EDT 2008

Le 13 mai 08 à 19:06, Ali - a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> It seems the support of external projects in WrapITK is still
> limited to python. Given that the java wrapping in WrapITK works
> fine, is what is the main reason stopping wrapping external projects?

Lack of time and java knowledge are the main reasons.
The external projects were never made usable with java. If you like,
that's something where you can help.

> Here is an example for building the ItkVtkGlue project with java
> wrapping on, on Fedora Core 8:
>
> make
> [  8%] Generating wrap_ItkVtkGlueJava.xml
> [ 16%] Generating wrap_ItkVtkGlueJava.idx
> [ 25%] Generating wrap_itkImageToVTKImageFilter.xml
> [ 33%] Generating wrap_itkImageToVTKImageFilter.idx
> [ 41%] Generating wrap_itkVTKImageToImageFilter.xml
> [ 50%] Generating wrap_itkVTKImageToImageFilter.idx
> [ 58%] Generating wrap_ItkVtkGlueJavaJava.cxx
> create swig package ItkVtkGlueJava
>  init module: itkImageToVTKImageFilter
>  init module: itkVTKImageToImageFilter
> Unable to open /Java/InsightToolkit/ItkVtkGlueJavaJNI.java
> make[2]: *** [Wrapping/wrap_ItkVtkGlueJavaJava.cxx] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [Wrapping/CMakeFiles/ItkVtkGlueJava.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> How come the above should work for python? It does not seem to be a
> java-related issue.

It is a java issue: the .java files are not copied at the same place
than the others, to be able to pack them in a .jar — we don't have
that kind of problem with python.
The path seems to be just wrong. Surely not very difficult to fix :-)

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann