[Insight-users] RE : BinaryMask

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 21 09:03:11 EDT 2008

Hi Josiane,

Please read my previous email and the section of the ITK Software Guide
with attention.

The code that you should use to extract the point coordinates is not

      std::ofstream MyOutputFile (argv[1]);
      MyOutputFile << meshSource->GetOutput() << std::endl;

The code that we pointed you to is:

      meshSource->Update();

      const MeshType * mesh = meshSource->GetOutput();

      std::ofstream MyOutputFile( argv[1] );

      PointsIterator  pointIterator = mesh->GetPoints()->Begin();

      PointsIterator end = mesh->GetPoints()->End();

      while( pointIterator != end )
        {
        MeshType::PointType p = pointIterator.Value();
        MyOutputFile << p << std::endl;
        ++pointIterator;
        }

Please use this last section of code for sending the Mesh point
coordinates to a file.

That being said....

Please note, again, that if you want to apply ICP on the mesh,
you *do not* need to extract the point coordinates. The mesh
is a valid input to the PointSetToPointSetRegistrationMethod.