[Insight-users] DicomSeriesReadSeriesWrite ITK-3.6 change image position?

Cherry Ballangan ballangan at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:37:56 EDT 2008

Dear ITK users,

I am using DicomSeriesReadSeriesWrite from ITK 3.6 example to read and
write a set of dicom series (CT images). The results have a change in
the Image Position (Patient) - dicom tag 0020, 0032. The z direction
of the image position changed to 0 in all of the images in every set
(I have tried 4 different sets).

This is not the case for ITK 3.4. I have used it for the same datasets
before and the image positions remained the same.

Any clue why it happens in ver. 3.6? I need to use this version
because it keeps the intensity (rescale slope). Thanks for any
suggestion and comments.

Kind regards,

Cherry.