No subject

Fri May 16 13:32:40 EDT 2008

default behavior.
I would like to know:
1. Is it possible to change the default behavior for ONLY selected UIDs that
are specified by the user?, and how?

2. I want to finally contribute this code to ITK.
It would be very happy to know and most probably, implement any better ways
or modifications to the current approach.
Your suggestions in this regard will be of great help to me.

Thank you very much for time and help.

Warm Regards,
Subrahmanyam Gorthi.

EPFL-STI-LTS5
Station 11
CH - 1015 Lausanne
Switzerland.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Mathieu Malaterre <
mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Subrahmanyam Gorthi
> <subrahmanyam.gorthi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to read a DICOM file and write the same to another DICOM file
> > using ITK.
> >
> > For that, I am using the example code given in ITK's
> > Examples\IO\ImageReadWrite.cxx
> >
> > It seems the values of a few tags are altered in the process of writing.
> > Particularly, i need to retain the value of "Study Instance UID"
> attribute
> > with Tag Number: (0020,000d).
> >
> > I would like to know whether this is a normal behavior?
>
> Yes & No. There is no way to be sure you are allowed to keep the same
> Instance UID. I'll assume you know what you are doing. Anyway the
> default is to always regenerate them which is safe in 100% cases.
>
> > If so, how to retain the same value for the "Study Instance UID"
> attribute?
>
> See  itk::GDCMImageIO::KeepOriginalUIDOn        (                )
>
> http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GDCMImageIO.html#itk_1_1GDCMImageIOz1844_2
>
> But again you should really think twice before doing this.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Mathieu

------=_Part_1175_108074.1214991056178

&lt;<a href="mailto:subrahmanyam.gorthi at gmail.com" target="_blank">subrahmanyam.gorthi at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi all,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I am trying to read a DICOM file and write the same to another DICOM file<br>
&gt; using ITK.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; For that, I am using the example code given in ITK&#39;s<br>
&gt; Examples\IO\ImageReadWrite.cxx<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; It seems the values of a few tags are altered in the process of writing.<br>
&gt; Particularly, i need to retain the value of &quot;Study Instance UID&quot; attribute<br>
&gt; with Tag Number: (0020,000d).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I would like to know whether this is a normal behavior?<br>
Instance UID. I&#39;ll assume you know what you are doing. Anyway the<br>
default is to always regenerate them which is safe in 100% cases.<br>
&gt; If so, how to retain the same value for the &quot;Study Instance UID&quot; attribute?<br>

But again you should really think twice before doing this.<br>
HTH<br>
--<br>

------=_Part_1175_108074.1214991056178--