[Insight-users] Image Origin top left or bottom left?

Marta Schmidt t_s_80 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 4 10:42:33 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm quite confused about the image origin in itk. The Software Guide
says, that the origin (index(0,0)) is bottom left and I read it in
some google-searching results also. However, if I load an Jpeg with
the ImageFileReader, change the index pixel [0,0] to another value
and write it back into a file, the pixel will appear top left. Same
happens if I use the RegionOfInterestImageFilter with index 0,0. I
always get the image region top left. Unfortunately, my search didn't
bring any satisfactory results.
Do I do anything wrong? Or is the Software Guide just unclear?

Best regards
Marta