[Insight-users] how to warp image based on deformation field

pinpress sb_ji at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 15:29:13 EST 2008

Hi,

I was able to run non-rigid deformable registration between a fixed and a
moving image set. The program outputs a deformation field which is a vector
image, pointing from each fixed image voxel to its correspondence in the
moving image (not the other way around). In addition, it outputs a warped
image basically deforms the moving image to match the fixed image (not the
other way around either).

My question is, how do I warp the fixed image to match the moving image,
without having to re-run the non-rigid registration by switching the fixed
and moving image? Would this be feasibly in ITK? Additionally, what is the
underline algorithm to do so? I am asking because I may have to do it in
other programs (e.g., Matlab).

Thanks a lot.