[Insight-users] itkStreamingImageFilter with itkHessianSmoothed3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:51:53 EST 2008

Hi Karthik,

I too found the speed somewhat disappointing, although I'm not sure
how else it can be optimized.

Basically the new DiscreteHessianGaussianImageFunction computes a
kernel (not included in timings reported) for a
NeighborhoodOperatorImageFunction: the bigger the kernel, the slower
the function. I guess the trick is to work out the minimum acceptable
error for your specific application, and construct the smallest kernel
within that error.

For the simple test I reported the kernel image was of size [13, 13,
13]. If this could be reduced for your application, then the function
would run faster...

Regards, Dan