[Insight-users] Problem filling up an Image

Carlos Sánchez Mendoza carlos.sanchez.mendoza at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:36:54 EST 2008

Hi all,

the following code tries to create an Image from date that is
accessible via a function call. No matter what filter I use to process
the image when I do Update() there is malloc error. Anyone sees
something wrong with it?

Thank you very much in advance.
Carlos S. Mendoza,

                typedef float InputPixelType;
	typedef itk::Image<InputPixelType,Dimension> InputImageType;

	typedef itk::RescaleIntensityImageFilter<InputImageType,InputImageType>
NormalizeFilterType;

	InputImageType::Pointer inputImage = InputImageType::New();

	NormalizeFilterType::Pointer normalizer = NormalizeFilterType::New();

	InputImageType::IndexType start;
	start[0] = 0; // first index on X
	start[1] = 0; // first index on Y
	start[2] = 0; // first index on Z

	InputImageType::SizeType size;
	size[0] = miResolucio.uX; // size along X
	size[1] = miResolucio.uY; // size along Y
	size[2] = mllLlesques.size(); // size along Z

	InputImageType::RegionType region;
	region.SetSize(size);
	region.SetIndex(start);

	inputImage->SetRegions(region);

                inputImage->Allocate();
	inputImage->FillBuffer(0);

	//Here the image gets filled in
	//from external source

	normalizer->SetInput(inputImage);
	normalizer->SetOutputMaximum(MAX_VALUE);
	normalizer->SetOutputMinimum(MIN_VALUE);
	normalizer->Update();

                MALLOC ERROR HERE