[Insight-users] Compiler Error with CableSwig/ITK 3.10.0

Brady McCary brady.mccary+ITK at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:56:55 EST 2008

Insight-users,

I have been trying to compile CableSwig/ITK 3.10.0 with GCC 4.3 on FC9
for some time now and have had several issues. First, it was not
evident that the WrapITK and CSWIG options are mutually exclusive but
it appears that they are. Would someone please clarify this point?

Second, I am having the following compilation issue. All but the
relevant part has been cut.

-- cut --

[ 29%] Generating wrap_itkPolygonSpatialObject.xml
/net/zz/ms/u1/bcm052000/src/fltk-itk-vtk/InsightToolkit-3.10.0/Code/SpatialObject/itkSpatialObject.txx:
In member function 'long unsigned int
itk::SpatialObject<TDimension>::GetMTime() const [with unsigned int
TDimension = 3u]':
/net/zz/ms/u1/bcm052000/src/fltk-itk-vtk/InsightToolkit-3.10.0/Code/Common/itkMutexLock.h:70:
  instantiated from here
/net/zz/ms/u1/bcm052000/src/fltk-itk-vtk/InsightToolkit-3.10.0/Code/SpatialObject/itkSpatialObject.txx:497:
error: 'class itk::SpatialObjectTreeNode<3u>' has no member named
'GetChildren'

-- cut --

The class itk::SpatialObjectTreeNode<3u> has the following conditional
compilation around the foward declaration and implementation of
'GetChildren':

#if !defined(CABLE_CONFIGURATION)
  virtual ChildrenListType* GetChildren( unsigned int depth=0,
                                         char * name=NULL) const;
#endif

I have used cmake-gui to create a configuration that specified
USE_WRAP_ITK, and the build requested and I supplied the path to the
CableSwig that I built. Could someone please elaborate on this issue?

Thanks!

Brady