[Insight-users] Does ITK implement simple functions (convolution, opening, dilation...)?

Fran Serrano sercha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 19:00:06 EST 2008

Dear all,

Maybe I'm confusing about the using of ITK but I was wondering if I can
implement simple functions with this library like convolution, simple
morphological filters as dilation, openings...

Does ITK provides the functions to implement them? If not, can you give me
some ideas to perform them? Using other libraries like OpenCV is a solution.

For example, I want to filter some data with the following filter:

*H=[0.1 0.1 0.1
     0.1 0.2 0.1
     0.1 0.1 0.1]*

Do I have to implement it or can I use any ITK tool?

Thanks for all responses,