[Insight-users] Dcm file read

chensiqi pidanchen at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 23:28:01 EST 2008

Hi, All.

I am new to ITK. I have one dcm file need to load. There is no image information in this file, just some header information.
Unfortunately, I can't read it using the example provided in "itkSoftwareGuide", (section: 7.12.5 Printing DICOM Tags From One Slice ).

There is an exception :
"ImageIO returns IO region that does not fully contain the requested region".
Requested region:
Dimesion: 2
index [0,0]
size [0,0]
Streamable Region:
Dimesion: 2
index [0,0]
size [0,0]

I guess because there is no image in there, maybe I should not use "ImageFileReader" class, is that "index [0,0].  size [0,0]" which causes the exception?

Thank you very much for your help

Siqi