[Insight-users] A question about drawing mesh with opengl

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 03:22:05 EST 2008

Hi,

>  how can I get the points of the cell?

You can retrieve the points of the mesh using the following:
    MeshType::PointsContainer* points = mesh->GetPoints();

You can retrieve the cell information (i.e. triangles for
TriangleCell) using the following:
    MeshType::CellsContainer* cells = mesh->GetCells();

Both of these container types define iterators which can be used to
step through the collection:
        MeshType::CellsContainerPointer cells = mesh->GetCells( );
        MeshType::CellsContainerConstIterator it = cells->Begin();
        MeshType::CellsContainerConstIterator itEnd = cells->End();
        while ( it != itEnd )
        {
            MeshType::CellType cell = it.Value();
            MeshType::CellType::PointIdConstIterator itCell =
cell->PointIdsBegin();
            MeshType::CellType::PointIdConstIterator itCellEnd =
cell->PointIdsEnd();
            while( itCell != itEnd )
            {
                unsigned long cellPointIndex = *it;
                // Do something with the point index
                ++itCell;
            }
            ++it;
        }

I have not compiled this code (just snipped it from different places)
but it should give you an idea how to access points/cells.

Also you can look at sections 4.2 and 4.3 of the ITK Software Guide:
    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards, Dan