[Insight-users] How to load sequence items

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 08:17:20 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:43 AM, chensiqi <pidanchen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the sharing.
>
> I managed to load most of the sequence data using GDCM instead of ITK.
> GDCM has several classes and member functions that can easily read sequence
> data.
>
> One thing I don't understand is some sequence data can not be loaded, GDCM
> complains them as "Bad Pointer". But I can definitely see them in Matlab
> using Dicominfo().
> E.g, for "ContourData" items, for some slices, I can load them using GDCM,
> for some other slices, GDCM will throw a "Bad Ptr".

Two options (from the top of my head):

- this particular DICOM file is missing the SQ. Did you check it is present ?
- this is the famous GDCM 1.x 'feature', where you have to explicitely
says: "yes I want to load long field". See :

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GDCMImageIO.html
-> Get/SetMaxSizeLoadEntry

2cts
--