[Insight-users] itk::SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter

Brady McCary brady.mccary+ITK at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:34:59 EST 2008

Insight-users,

The class documentation I am referring to is here:

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter.html

Concerning the documentation and function of
itk::SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter, in the OUTPUTS section, it says
that values around the active list will be the signed distance
transform to the zero level set and otherwise it will be a fixed
positive/negative value.

In the PARAMETERS section, it says that in your computation you must
use an appropriate number of layers and that if you do not use enough
you may pull in random/arbitrary values from the background.

At every iteration I am interested in the sign of the level set
function at every pixel, not just those close to the zero level set. I
am not sure what the documentation is saying. It is probably saying
one of these:

1. During all iterations, only pixels close to the zero level set have
meaning values and meaningful signs.
2. During all iterations, only pixels close to the zero level set have
meaning values, but all pixels have meaningful signs.

Could someone clarify this point?

I am looking through the documentation for a way to, e.g., create an
inside/outside mask (or an itk::SpatialObject with inside/outside) of
the current iteration in an itk::SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter.

Thanks!

Brady