[Insight-users] itk::SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter

Koen Vermeer koen at vermeer.tv
Wed Nov 26 03:45:08 EST 2008

Hi Brady,

I'd reason like this: If 1 is true, then it would introduce spurious
zero level sets (resulting from the zero-crossings due to the sign
changes) and there would be no way to know which zero level set is the
'right' one. So only 2 gives meaningful results, hence, that's probably
the one that's implemented.

>From a more practical point of view: My experience with
itk::ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter is that the sign is
meaningful at all locations.

Best,
Koen