[Insight-users] large image matrix

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 17:56:10 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Thorsten W. <jumpfunky at web.de> wrote:
> Hello ITK-Users,
>
> i'm new on ITK and my english skills are not the best ;)
>
> Within the scope of a research projekt, i have to work with very large
> dicom images, or that is to say 2^16 * 2^16 * 24bit.

You are all set then. By design DICOM store the length of the Pixel
Data on a uint32_t type (ie. at most the length of your image need to
be 32bits integer). You could try to work around that issue using one
of the compressed transfer syntax, but this is a requirement that you
may be asked for the non-compressed version of the image when
transmitting it.

As far as I know there no way you can achieve that (maybe using JPIP
protocol...).I have CC David Clunie, David do you want to throw in
something ?

Mathieu