[Insight-users] A question regarding the OrientImageFilter

Bing bing.jian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 19:11:33 EDT 2008

Hi all,
         I have a simple question regarding the OrientImageFilter. What I
want from the OrientImageFilter is that the reorientation should  be done in
place in the sense that the original image and the oriented image should
occupy the exactly same space in the world coordinates system. A direct
result of this assumption is that the origin of the output image should
always coincide with one vertex of the cubiod spanned by the input image.
But my experiments show that if the reorientation gets at least one axis
flipped then this OrientImageFilter will move the image out of its original
box in the world coordinates system by setting 'wrong' world coordinates to
the origin location.   I am wondering if this behavior is by design and if
there is any way to make the OrientImageFilter do not move the image as a
whole box in the world coordinates system.

Many thanks in advance,
Bing