[Insight-users] 2GB VTK IO limit

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Oct 10 13:52:57 EDT 2008

Sean McBride wrote:
> On 10/10/08 10:34 AM, Luis Ibanez said:
>

>>Yeap, there are many places in ITK that do not use the appropriate
>>types for managing large files and buffers in 64bits architectures.
>

> Luis,
>
> Should we resurrect our effort to fix warnings generated by -Wshorten-64-
> to-32 ?  Remember we added the 'ITK_USE_64BITS_APPLE_TRUNCATION_WARNING'
> option in some of the CMake files?  We could add it to others, and I
> could reenable it on my dashboards.

Sean,

Yes, let's give it a try.

64bits platforms are becoming more and more important for ITK.

It will be great if we could do it by directory, instead of
trying to fix all the toolkit in a single pass. That approach
is working great for the Style corrections.

Could you turn the option ON in one of your machines during
this weekend ?

In that way we can get a first view of the scope of the changes
we will have to make.